How to Become an Attraction Magnet for People in Business
with Carol Watson, RN, ND, NMD
Transformational Life Coach; www.TCDrCarol.com
Have you ever attended a business networking event, collected lots of cards, experienced meaningless conversations, ate some OK food and by the time you got home you just want to toss those cards in the trash? And, you wonder, "Why do I even bother?" I understand! #beentheredonethat Attraction Marketing takes some skill and practice but it really isn't that difficult....try my "proven" skills and let me know how it worked for you. I am an "Attraction Magnet" and you can be too?
- Have a strong personal foundation. Seek balance in your life (health, money, family, friends, spouse/S.O., fun career, personal growth, spiritual…etc.). People will notice an “energy” about you.
- Focus all your attention on the OTHER person. People love to talk about themselves. When you ask questions about their passions and problems, they become naturally attracted to you.
- Listen, listen, Listen. If you can listen to someone without thinking of what question you are going to ask next; if you can listen without thinking of your own agenda; if you can listen w/o thinking of selling them, then you can listen to such a deep level your potential prospect will be drawn to you!
- Specialized knowledge. What are you good at doing (or what are you willing to get good at doing)? If you have a special knowledge, all people must do is know that you exist and that you have the skills they need and they will be attracted to you.
- Acknowledge People. Another way to attract people to you is to pay them SINCERE compliments and then acknowledge those compliments. Ex: “Your new furniture looks great! You have such a natural talent for decorating.”
- Commonality. Another neat way to attract people to you is to find things about them that you have in common. To do this, you are going to have to ask questions and listen again!!
- Talk about how you have helped people. Don’t tell how successful you are…. people don’t care about that. A more attractive way is to tell people about the people you have helped with your product/services; they want to know how what you do could potentially help them!
- Be an Information resource. Send articles, websites, etc. relating to their hobbies or things you both have in common. NO selling with this. They will come around when the time is right.
- Send them Referrals. Find business for your prospects and they will always take your calls, have lunch with you, give you referrals and yes, give you their business too.
- The Most Important Person on Earth “If you want to be successful, treat EVERY person you meet as the most important person on earth.” -Earl Nightingale. People that you make feel extremely important will give you their respect, their friendship, their knowledge and their business…and they will do it for life!!!
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie—Six Ways to Make People Like You
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest & most important in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interest (not yours).
- Make the other person feel important—and do it sincerely.
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Be impeccable with your word. Speak with integrity.
- Don’t take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of you.
- Don’t make assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.
- Always do your best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment, as you grow. Simply do your best and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret!
“You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” ~Dale Carnegie